Kimmy Nguyen is joining the Studio Other team as an Industrial Designer, bringing design experience from her previous position with an ecommerce furniture company. Kimmy is all about Livin’ La Vida Loca, whether that means working at a circus or expanding her culinary palette with crickets. We are thrilled to have her hardworking spirit as part of the team. Welcome, Kimmy, we’re happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Kimmy Nguyen, Industrial Designer
2. Where is your hometown?
Garden Grove (near Disneyland)
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
An overseas ecommerce furniture company. The brands that I designed for were: Songmics, Vasagle and Feandrea.
4. What is a fun fact about yourself?
I worked for the circus for two years.
5. If you were trapped on an island which three things would you want to have with you and why?
A survival book, drinking water and a knife. The survival book is because I do not know anything about the outdoors, drinking water is to stay hydrated and a knife is to have a tool for building or hunting.
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
7. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Studio Other?
I am looking forward to being a part of an amazing design team at Studio Other.
8. What is your go-to Karaoke song and why?
I do not have a karaoke song because I cannot sing, and I want to make friends at work.
9. You’re throwing a party, what would be the theme and who would be the guest of honor?
The guest of honor would be Ricky Martin because Livin’ La Vida Loca!
10. What do you hope to bring to the Tangram team?
I do not want to hope. I will be a hard working teammate in the Tangram team.